Sunday, November 26, 2006

who is that man, mama?

Today was a great day. First, church...where i had planned to leave right after sunday school and come home and get my house the rest of the way ready for Family Dinner Sunday. By getting ready i mean sweeping the floor, making sure the tiolet was flushed, and shutting everyones bedroom door! But as He sometimes will, the Lord had a completely different plan for me. I ended up staying for church, and sitting by a friend who i hope was as blessed by it as me, and hearing a great message from Pastor Eddie. (We also got to watch mark and scotty try to figure out new software.) I needed the message, and you know what? Turns out I had plenty of time to sweep, and no one noticed if the toilet was flushed or not, or at least no one mentioned it(since I forgot to check) and we had a great lunch with my family.

Yep, today was family dinner Sunday, and we had a great time! George and Linda could not be here, and becky and her kids weren't feeling well, and jon was out of town, so we totally missed having Marks family here. But all my brothers and my sister were able to be here, and we haven't all been together for a long time. Of course, that meant a picture, both of all us kids, and then with mom and dad, with us laughing most of the time. We planned out our christmas next month, and since it is so busy during December, that will be our family dinner sunday as well. So, to any of the family that reads this...thanks for a great day, we missed those who weren't here, and I am looking forward to next time, and the time after that, and the time after that...

Thanksgiving was great as well, and of course you surely know by now we put up a silver tree...I was not so excited about that, but it is growing on me, slowly. It is definitely bright and shiny, and it makes my family happy, so i will love it soon i'm sure.

I cannot believe how fast the past four days have gone. I have enjoyed everyone one, even yesterday, which my husband and kids probably won't believe, but i did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sermon was awesome today. I must admit that I never fully understood that parable until today.
By the way, I love the silver tree!