Sunday, November 19, 2006

Elvis is in China!

Reading Kim Hollands blog about conner's embarrassing comment made me laugh. It also reminded me of two of my favorite stories about my kids.

When skyler was about 3 years old, Mark and I were watching some style show on the E! channel, and sky was playing in the floor, oblivious(or so we thought) to what we were watching.
So some designer was being interviewed about the runway show going on and said "This years fashion focus is on the pelvis and vagina(I hope that isn't offensive to anyone, it is really what he said)and I looked at Mark and said "WHAT DID HE SAY??"
Well, 3 year old skyler looked up at me and said: "He said Elvis is in China!"

That story has been shared with people all over the world, and i'm not kidding! Steve THompson told it to many a person on trips overseas, and many others have shared it also. We still get comments from people about it!

When Barrett was also about 4 yrs old, we were at DMP, in the old building. At that time, there was a person who was rather large, and we were walking out behind him. Barrett looked at Mark and said "Wow dad, that guy is big!" to which mark replied, "Yes, he is tall, isn't he?" Of course, Barrett looked at his dad and said, "yeah, and he's FAT too!"
We just ignored the whole thing and finished walking to the car, and to this day we aren't sure if the person heard us or not. (At least that is what we tell ourselves.)

Kids are funny, aren't they? I could tell you many a story, some that would absolutely embarrass my kids to death...and i am sure they could tell some on me as well.

Time for church, this is the first time in a long time I have actually been ready early! See ya there!

5 comments:

hillenblogshappywife said...

mark has a totally different memory of the Barrett story, and says my version is totally wrong...

Anonymous said...

I love that someone else thinks their kids are as funny as I think mine are! It makes me wonder... What did we ever laugh at before they came around?

Robbeebob said...

Ha-ha, Coco did something like that once. I think my mom and coco were in an airport restroom and a lady went in seeming angry and upset. Coco responded to this behavior by saying "Mom? Who dat old grandpa lady?

I blogged again! It’s a long one too.

Anonymous said...

Since I have no kids, my story is about me. My mom took my sister and I to Worlds of Fun when we were pretty young. The steps leading to the big slides had gritty stuff in the paint so they weren't slippery and my sister and I would say they were Porky instead of Prickley. Anyway my mom says we were in line and she noticed the lady in front of us, who was about 350 pounds and was thinking, Man, that lady is huge. Right about then I stepped on the gritty steps and started saying Porky Porky Porky. She said she was embarrassed but couldn't go anywhere b/c we were in that long line. :)

htuck

team bartlett said...

I just recently read your post and laughed at your stories. I feel better that everyone seems to go through these embarrassing moments at one time or another.

I am curious what Mark's version of the story is, though. . .