Wednesday, June 07, 2006

okay, i'll blog already!

So, i found out today that i am not alone. I am an admitted pen kleptomaniac, but i am not alone. At Bible study i discovered at least two others like me. We love pens...fine point, any color, no glop pens. And we sometimes borrow them permenantly. Now, I do not steal from stores, or people not related to me, but i love hillens pens, and sometimes sky or barrett will get a great pen. And sorry, but if you lay it down and forget about it, it wants to belong to me. And it should. I will love it and use it all the time.

I also like different pens for different things. Like for Bible study, i love to use a green pen.(although for this one i am using purple, it is all i had, so i need to stay consistent in color)
Maybe because green makes me think of growing, and i so hope to grow through each of these studies. Or maybe because i just love the color green. For anything!

Fine point is the best. Extra fine point is amazing, but sometimes too scratchy. The worst is medium point, it glops all over the place, and you get it all over your hands. And then if you touch your face before the ink is dry, well, you end up with ink on your face. that stinks.

At one time, and i hope to bring this time back really soon, i was the PEN LADY for the demers and jeppsen girls when our families would go out to eat together at the best restaurant in the city, Acambaro. I loved being the one who had the best pens with the most color choices...it somehow completes me. Also, just so you know, i like to be the aunt with gum, just like monica on friends. Anyway, lately, i have been sorely lacking in the pen department. I cannot figure out how i lose pens. Honestly, my family does not get into my purse for them, and the girls were always faithful to return my pens when it was time to go home. but still, i seem to have lost the best pens. So, soon, i will replenish with even better and more fine point, no glop lots o color pens.

Okay, this is getting long, and so i will stop for today. But rest assured, soon i will blog about my love of new crayons...

8 comments:

Hillenblog said...

Welcome to the blogging community...My goal is to keep you "happy" all the days of your life.

Unknown said...

i would have enjoyed it even more if you hadn't been breathing in my ear the whole time.

Anonymous said...

Hey pen lady!! Which you still in fact are to my girls. I'm so excited about you and Rachel getting blogs. Even more interesting little things to read about! And I must agree with you about new crayons, although the best is new Play-Do. Mmmmmm, Love that!

Robbeebob said...

wow Cindy, i had no idea you were a pen connoisseur.

Hayely said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only OCD diagnosed cool person that I know.

It's a relief.

Hillenblog said...

were waiting again...

Anonymous said...

So glad you're blogging Cin!

I remember having this convo with you about your pens and having to use certain colors and staying consistent all the way through, but I had forgotten...and like Hayely, I have to admit it is a relief to know you are this way.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, We've got to go to Acambaro with you again soon. Because the girls have only had one pen between them, they've taken to playing tic-tac-toe on the napkins and it's just not as much fun! We've missed you!