Wednesday, June 21, 2006

as time goes by

Last night, my good friend lisa called...we chatted about morg's game, how jet lag had finally hit them, just normal stuff...

it made me hark back to the days when i babysat morgan and ashley, and saw lisa almost everyday. That of course led me back to the days of living in the trailer, babysitting 8 kids at one time, not including my own, with the oldest being skyler, who was 5 at the time. Yes, i was a lot younger then!!

Today, i have done 4 loads of laundry so far, and so, feeling the need to reward myself, i went with book in hand to lay in the hammock. Unbelievably, the character in the book is feeling guilty about the unfolded laundry that her cleaning lady will have to fold and put away, and since i do not have a cleaning lady, i felt guilty about the 3 loads of unfolded laundry in the living room on the couch. So i went back in and folded the laundry with skyler helping. She is such a good girl.

Why is it that i don't seem to mind sorting the yucky dirty laundry, getting it to the washer, then dryer, and into a basket, or at least to the couch, but I hate folding clean, sweet smelling, warm clothes??? This makes no sense. Is it knowing that no matter how much I fold and put away, there is always another load to do? Is it knowing that there really is no end in sight for the wife and/or mother when dealing with laundry? Or am i just lazy? Hey, that might be it!!

Barrett mowed yesterday, do you not just love the scent of a freshly mowed lawn? It looks so good, and i am sure it gives him such a sense of accomplishment, ha ha.

Well, we are off to find tennis shoes for Skyler, keds preferably, so gotta go. I would love to say i will blog more tomorrow, but don't wanna get your hopes up.:)

8 comments:

Robbeebob said...

Why does Skyler need tennis shoes?

millsie said...

haha.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, grass smell is fabulous. And CB thinks that the second that dryer buzzer goes off, the clothes must be retrieved. So, I shall not try and race him to the dryer. I will be a good wife and let him win! :-)

Anonymous said...

Her Keds are awesome and they remind her of 'Dirty Dancing'.

Everyone should call her "Baby".

millsie said...

no body puts baby in the corner.

rachel said...

I love doing laundry. It's my favorite chore. How weird is that? Cleaning bathrooms....now that's another story...

Anonymous said...

Skyler has turned over a new leaf. I saw it first hand at slip in slide 06. There was running and jupping that resulted in injury. I say that is a sport. So tenni runners would be a good purchase. First slip n slide next thing I hear she is going ouit for wrastling.

CT

Anonymous said...

Can you believe how people brag about how many clothes they have. The real answer is to just have a couple of outfits and it will be impossible to have baskets (plural)full of clothes.
Ha Ha
What a blessing.
-Hillengrand