Monday, February 05, 2007

old habits die hard


So, obviously I am not any better of a blogger now than I was last time I blogged and said I'd try to do better. Way long time since my last blog.
A lot has happened in the past week and a couple days.
I had a muscle spasm on Monday. The most horrific pain I have ever felt...way beyond childbirth, which the Lord so graciously wipes from our minds so we can love the children who just caused us so much pain. At first I was convinced I was having a heart attack, so I looked up the symptoms while I dialed Mark and then hung up. Then I dialed again, and hung up. Then it still hurt so I called him for real. Went to urgent care, where they gave me a shot and some happy pills. I am now so much better, and I really hope that never happens again.
Tuesday, work. Wednesday, work...snow so no church. Thursday, oh, wondrous Thursday!!!
Oliver came home! The airport was packed, the tears were flowing, and he was so sweet, so pleasant, and we were all so happy to see him.
Friday, took Barrett to the Doctor to do a scoliosis screening, because he had noticed a curve in his side. Sure enough, he has it. For now, baseline x-rays, and a check in six months. No restrictions on sports, good news.
Saturday, Kent and Ethan spent the day and night here...they are quite a pair. Both so smart. Kent wrote a book about superheroes, Ethan helped, and they did these really cool wooden model kits. I'm not sure who enjoyed the models more, the boys or Barrett.
Sunday was church, you gotta love that Jerry Thorpe. Great message, and goes along with the Daniel bible study I am in. I am afraid we have gone from giving Satan too much credit and power to completely underestimating him.
Today was another day that God has shown his love and mercy for his children. Hayely Queen who is sky's bestest friend had a brain tumor removed today. She is doing so well, God has gone beyond even all our prayers. Keep praying for her...and her family. She means a lot to us at Hillenblog's home...we love her very much.
So, tomorrow work...going to see Hayely,
Wednesday, i gotta gig at KCBT in Kansas City...I think I am gonna end up driving up by myself, because Barrett has basketball tournaments, Mark is staying for those, and Skyler cannot miss fashion design again...and since rehearsal is at 5, I can't wait until after school to take off.
Well, that's it in a rather large nutshell...have a great week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back and that Hayley is doing well.

natalier said...

Wow Cindy. That's quite a week. Glad you are better. Thank you for the update on Hayely. Praying for them. Praying for Barrett too.

Andrea said...

What an informative post! What caught my attention was your Daniel Bible study. I'm doing Beth Moore's Daniel study right now....are you by chance doing the same one? Either way, its nice to feel connected to you knowing we are studying the same book of the Bible across the miles! yay for us!

Anonymous said...

yep, beth moore. We are in week 7 discussing homework tonight.

Andrea said...

We are currently in week 4...I love it!

Hayely said...

i will be over sometime soon to clean up my portion of the yard.......so leave a couple yard debris piles for me.