Friday, February 16, 2007

BABIES, BABIES AND MORE BABIES

I have the exciting opportunity to go on a missions trip to Guatemala in June. Our church is taking a group of high school and college kids to the Eagles Nest, an orphanage run by our missionaries, the Boggs. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love kids. Now, rest assured, I am not planning on having any more children of my own, but I love, love, love, everyone else's babies and kids. I am so excited to be able to go to an orphanage and love on so many children, and at the same time I am already wondering how I will leave them. My sister, who has visited an orphanage in the Philippines, says I will leave them, but they will always be in my heart.
I have never been on a missions trip, never been out of the country, and honestly, I am not really thrilled with the thought of the plane rides. But that is a small concern compared to being with my daughter, who also loves children, for around 10 days, with the only goal being to give ourselves away to these missionaries and children. We will also be doing wordless dramas in some schools, maybe going to a park to witness, teaching the wordless dramas to kids there, and maybe even light construction work...lots of fun, and having to get out of my comfort zone.
I have seen many of our friends go on missions trips before, and honestly, this is the first time I have felt like the Lord is telling me "I want you to go." Now i find myself saying "okay, I'll go, but how?" That's why we are posting this link to the website and online donation page. Maybe the Lord will lead you to give toward me or Skyler going. Maybe he is going to lead you to pray for us while we are gone. Maybe He is going to provide the funds in some way we have not even imagined yet. I am trusting in Him to provide, because I feel so strongly that He wants us to go.
So, I will keep you all "posted" on my blog about the progress, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

No comments: