Sunday, February 25, 2007

Guatemala, here we come

Well, since i told you I would keep you posted about our trip, I am so happy and humbled to share this with you. Skyler and I have a payment due on March 1st of $200 each. Today the Lord provided that exact amount for both of us. Yep, our 1st payment taken care of. You know who you are, thank you so much. To know that you are excited with us means more to us than we can tell you. We love you all.
Today was Family Sunday Dinner, and yes, i missed church again. Next month, no excuses, cause Jean Ann is making the main course.But today, I made the fried chicken, which was a cinch compared to the rest of the meal, I mean the part I was supposed to make, but thought someone else was bringing. I was supposed to make the potatoes, which really, who wants fried chicken and gravy with no potatoes, you gotta have em, right?
But leave it to me, I lost the menu and assignments again this time around, so got mixed up and thought I was supposed to do the corn on the cob, and Jean Ann was making the potatoes, when she was doing the corn, and I was potatoes. Well, we had used all the milk to make gravy,(shout out to Linda--great gravy), and when i ran to the store to get the good kind of instant potatoes, did I get milk???NO!!! So then I had to race to express lane for milk, and Jean Ann made the potatoes. Which were great too, couldn't tell they were instant at all, and only a spoonful left!
Todays whole menu was fantastic...Fried Chicken, forty eight pieces, with only about 10 left over; potatoes and gravy(see above) :); green beans--real from the garden, great flavor, could have eaten the whole pot; corn on the cob; salad my sister makes that I can't get enough of...and homemade macaroni and cheese that my mom makes, and no matter how closely i follow her recipe, i can't make it as good. Rolls, and red velvet cake for dessert, it doesn't get any better.
We missed Jon and Bec, Dennis and Carolyn, and Chuck, but you were all in our hearts.
So, another week begins, and I hope it is a great one for all...today has certainly been a great start to mine.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,Gal
You are definitely becoming Miss Suzy Homemaker. The fried chicken was fantastic. We had a great time.
Love you loads,
Hillengrandma

Robbeebob said...

Thats awesome! God gave me enough for the March payment too!

Unknown said...

and it only took eighteen years...imagine that. :)