Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Loads" of advice

Thanks to everyone who offered such great advice about the laundry. It is still a work in progress, but I have been washing everything in cold, and no one stinks or has a dread disease, so I guess I can continue that. I'm thinking if I do a couple loads a day I won't realize how much I am really doing. As laurad says, it is like a part time job!


I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year...so far so good here. I feel like I am still trying to get caught up on sleep, two nights of 1:00 am are no good for me. I am such a baby when it comes to sleep.


We went to a flea market, Sky got some really cool stuff, I got nothing. But I saw a lot of really cool stuff, got lost several times, and had just a great time looking around. It amazes me the stuff people put in their booths. I saw several milk bottles, glass, but the kind you can get at Price Cutter right now if you want, with milk in it, for the same price as the empty jug at the flea market. That is not so cool, right? I was kinda looking for some amazing canisters, because no one here likes the containers the sugar and flour are in right now. But the cool canisters were all rusted inside, and I would be afraid to put anything in them. I did see some really cool melamin dishes, cups and saucers, but no plates. We used to have some cups just like them when I was growing up, that made me all nostalgic. But I don't know if that stuff is dishwasher or microwave safe, so I didn't get any of that either.


We had omelets for dinner. They weren't bad, but not as good as we used to make. We used to make such good omelets we would invite people over for them. Now that seems kinda weird. Oh well, our kitchen walls used to be decorated with menus from cool restaurants that someone who is the husband here had stolen in high school and college. But that really was cool. Not weird. And he hasn't stolen any for a long time now. :)

Well, that is about all for now...useless info about my day. But some days are just like that.



6 comments:

CT said...

Just a few points
1) on the warsh.. I do everything on hot when I clean the clothes
2) Flea Markets...Jenny has been dying to go to some
3) Milk...always tastes better out of a glass bottle..anything tastes better out of a glass bottle
4)menus...I have some cool ones from a esablishment that the guy who played Gpa Munster owned.
5)I love my eggs over easy

Anonymous said...

Okay, I washed the unmentionable load in cold. I can't believe it, I've never done that before. Thank you for a blog that not only you learned from but I learned from too. Because guess what, everything came out just as clean!

Unknown said...

Glad to know the laundry woes are by the wayside! I generally wash everything in cold except kitchen towels and my husband's work clothes (he's a paramedic and we've dealt with MRSA here, so we don't take chances with that). It makes it go much faster.

The flea markets are great, aren't they? I love to wander around and see what kind of cool stuff other people classify as "junk."

The omelet thing isn't wierd...we used to do the same thing. Or maybe we're wierd, too. Hmm... I like the menu idea. Kind of a cool, retro Happy Days sort of feel. Mine used to be movie and theatre posters all over the walls.

Anonymous said...

He does do everything on warm, which I do not understand and can cause panic attacks. He taught me how to do the laundry when we got married, and I think that that's the system that is currently used. Why switch to all warm?

Hillenblog said...

...not stolen any that you know about...No Worries Hugo...:-)

rachel said...

I love the menu idea!