Sunday, January 21, 2007

Click your heels, dorothy, there's no place like home

Well, we got power back last night. Thank you Lord, and please get everyone elses on soon. Last Friday, when I so lightheartedly told my sister to still let the kids spend the night, she just might not get them back for a day or two, I never expected to rush them home Saturday morning, and then be the ones spending the night with friends. I really never expected the storm to be so bad, to cause so much damage, and to be without power for so long. We have great friends and family who took us in, and my sister was host to our brother and sister in law, our parents, and two dogs. My brother chuck found shelter with friends he works with in Nixa, and my other brother and his family were able to stay with his in laws. Becky was able to get to Florida and Jon, and George and linda were at Beckys and then had power at home. We stayed with the Albrittons Saturday night, and then the wilsons, for the rest of the week, until Friday night when we got the house warm enough to sleep in, and last night got power. Thanks to all of you, if I have learned anything from this, at least one is that we have amazing family and friends, which we knew, but also took for granted. I love you guys.
So if anyone still without power needs to do laundry, plug in a crock pot, watch tv, blog, anything at all, please do not hesitate to come over. Even when we are not here, you can come by. We will be happy to share. Our door will always be open. Wide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about just meals????.Three per day,.

Glad to have you back home.


LOVE Pa

Anonymous said...

You can come over any time you want, and I will feed you.Hopefully you know that is true. I know, how about Sunday??:)

Anonymous said...

Sunday is fine.

what to bring??



Love you all. Pa

Anonymous said...

I share your excitment that you shared with us on Sunday. Last night, after 10 days, my power was back on! Praise God! If you know of anyone who needs anything feel free to send them my way too!

Sarah