Wednesday, October 11, 2006

WOW

Well, it had been awhile since I read the blogs, let alone wrote one. Lots going on, eh? Drinking vs. not drinking, What will Lucy be, how fast do you shower, Hook em Horns, hey, look, its me driving, laurad is a yahtzee phenomenon, nb is (gasp) 27!, just a few more days til NYC, handsome rob is anything but a nerd, and toyhelen is a halloween fooll! And that is not even 1/2 of it. I gotta keep up better.

We had a great weekend, nothing to do but laundry on Saturday, so that is almost done :), and then a fun evening of chili and friends on Sat. night at the Jeppsens.
Sunday was singing for Pastor Rogers, a great message, and a short walk in the hall getting to know Pastor Eddie a little better.

This has been a good week so far, pretty laid back. All that is about to change, cause we are keeping the Liles boys while j and b go to a conference in oregon. The Liles girl is going to spend the week with gma h, except for a slumber party on Friday night with the hooge kids.
Now, I am not saying it is hard keeping the nephews, and nieces, but it is definitly harder than when it is just my own teenagers. There is a reason I am finished having babies, but we love to have them come stay with us, and how cool is it that they like it, and that jon and bec ( and min & per) trust us with the most valuable treasures they have?

I feel i must clarify something...I don't really hate fall, mostly just the fact that winter is next. I would love it if the coldest it got was 70 and the sunset was not until 8:30. But i do enjoy the colors of the leaves, watching them fall, but not raking. I do enjoy the way the sky just looks like fall when it has big clouds in the blue...just different from summer sun/clouds somehow. I do love turning off the air conditioner, and opening the windows. And I do love the smells of fall, fireplaces and leaves burning, pumpkin pies baking, or candles that make it smell like it.
things like that. I guess it is knowing that it will get colder than 70( 50 should not be the high), and that the sun will soon be setting at 5:30 that I don't like. But I will try not to complain...after all, this is where God has me, i should celebrate it, right?

Orange, cause its fall, get it?

I miss seeing my friend Jenny W, who works at JB. That is not all of course, i could just do a blog on all the things and people i miss. But I have to say, I love my job. It is a little different every day, and i really like being out and about on the days i have to be. It is funny, because i was so scared at first, and some things still make me nervous, but i really thought at first, will i ever not have a stomach ache? But now, if my stomach hurts, it is cause i need to eat, ate too much, or am singing...the same old reasons it used too!!! I am learning things everyday, and let me tell you if i had my own camera to take pics with, i would absolutely be able to post them on my blog, cause i learned about that at work, that's how!

great bible study on Daniel on Wednesday nights, kinda scary, tho, cause it is gonna get really convicting, i believe...since it is already. See ya there.

That is all for now, no more saying i will blog again soon, who wants to be a liar?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the weather. Do you think heaven is 70 with a slight breeze? (We know it's always sunny!) Maybe the leaves are always different colors there, too, but never fall off the trees.
Good to hear from you again, Cindy!

Anonymous said...

Thats my girl!!!


Love you and yours

pa