Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sorry Laura

So was today the perfect fall/winter day ever???Today is what I mean when I say I hate cold. Today was not cold at all, in fact it is 9:00 pm and 64 degrees outside! This was the perfect fall day, at least weather wise. Actually, except for the pictures on hillenblog that were not supposed to be blogged ( hence the title of MY blog), it was a great day all around.

I know some of you were thinking I was gonna break my promise, but here I am, late at night, blogging to keep my promise. I can't promise greatness or profoundness, but a blog I can deliver.

Do you like knock knock jokes? I do. Some of course are better than others...but it is neat to hear little kids telling the same knock knock that I told when I was their age. (Yes, my children, there were jokes when I was a kid.) It's also funny to tell my kids a polack(how do you spell that word???) joke because they don't have a clue what I am talking about. Now instead of an American, a German, and a Polack go into a bar, its a brunette, redhead and a blonde...basically the same jokes, just different fall guys, I guess. Although some blonde jokes are funnier than the polack jokes ever were.

The kids just got home from flag football superbowl, and i am gonna see how long it takes for one of them to ask me how long I will be on here. Okay, Barrett just asked, but only cause he is reading over my shoulder, and sky is using the other one. So much for that one.

Fall Fest is this Tuesday, 6:00 pm and hillen and I have a room with the gooey guts. Kind of like a duck pond, only with pumpkin guts and intestines...cool huh? Be sure to come by and see us, I think Burch maybe is helping too. If you don't have a job already, feel free to come by and help us, we are for sure gonna be the coolest room. probably.

I can't believe it is already November on Wednesday. This year has flown by. I will soon be 39 years old, and as I have said many times, I am not sure how it has happened so fast. I was sharing a story tonight after church about one time when JB was still on republic road, and Nancy and I were working together. This little old lady, probably in her 80's came in to look for something, and when she got ready to leave, she took out her plastic head scarf and put it on, and headed out the door. Nancy looked at me, I looked at her, and she said, "What age are you when you wake up and say'Today i am gonna buy myself a plastic headscarf!'" I mean, I remember my grandma having a plastic headscarf, and even tho she seemed old at the time, she really couldn't have been very old...50? 60? I just can't see myself with one. But maybe I will feel differently some day...after all, never thought every picture of me would have a double chin in it either!!

Well, gotta go read the newest blog from none other than our own Jen Cleaver...nice to have ya around Jen. Everyone have a great week, okay? Pray for Patrick Ngei, and the other pastors. and vote no on admentment 2 on November 7. Seriously.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can still be friends, Cindy. :)
I don't know what age my grandma started wearing the plastic head scarf, but she definitely wore them in her 70's...she wore the non-plastic ones, too!

Anonymous said...

I think that maybe the plastic head scarf follows the request for a "set" at the beauty shop. I don't quite understand what is involved in a set (and why it looks blue), but how wonderful will it be one day to get your hair done for the week, only requiring an early morning fluff before going out the door? Good-bye straight irons and blow dryers!