Thursday, October 12, 2006

Baby it's cold outside

So last night as I stepped out of church, i quickly thought to myself--"Whoa, is it like 2 degrees out here or what?" of course it wasn't but it was cold enough to make my teeth chatter! And this morning, after I took Barrett to school, the song Baby, its cold outside started singing in my brain. That thought of course, made me think of christmas muzak at Jellybeans, and that made me realize that in about 2 weeks the christmas music will be playing at JB, and i will miss it. I had to call Jenny today and tell her about it.
It is funny how we mark time passing in different stages of our lives. when you are little, it is just day or night. But when you go to school, it is summer vacation, labor day weekend, thanksgiving holiday, christmas vacation, easter and then finally memorial day that seem to be the markers.
Then as you get older, maybe it your college schedule, or if you are working, legal holidays may mark the time passing. (this is of course, not counting birthdays, births of children, marriage, etc, just a thought i was having.
When I worked at Jellybeans, time could be measured by holidays, or Zutano arrivals, but mostly by Easter pictures with the bunnies, and christmas pictures. You knew it was gonna be a wild 1-2 months of taking appointments, which for easter began in jan or feb, and for christmas, began in september when we sent out our birthday postcard. then when the picture week for christmas arrived, usually the 1st week in november, the christmas music would be on. Not that i don't like christmas music, i really do, but it was funny how many times you would hear a song, sometimes 5 times in one day, just done by different people. Jenny today mentioned how much she loved the Elvis songs--NOT--and it made me just a little sad that I won't be hearing them. And you could count on the music being changed 1st thing January 2nd! Here is wishing JB the most successful shopping season yet! I love you guys!

I haven't figured out how time is marked at my new job, except by ad deadlines!

Kent and Ethan are here tonight, Ethan announced he was staying for 7 DAYS as he walked thru the door, and seemed happy about it! Kent had alot of homework, and i have to say, i still hate math, and am still not good at it, cause guess what, it is all different, that's why!

Mark and Barrett are playing volleyball, hopefully I will play next week, sky is there to watch and fill me in on the competition...good luck everyone..i just hope I can serve the ball!

I know you were not expecting another post so soon...keep those expectations low, 'k? :)

5 comments:

hillenblogshappywife said...

Thanks for the heads up. I guess if you are grumpy during the winter, maybe you won't notice how grumpy I am during the winter! And, I am thrilled to BE on the team!

Rosannadannah said...

Great post, Cindy! I see where Skywriting gets her writing talent!There is actually a nip in the Texas air today and cold rain on schedule for the weekend. Makes me miss the cool Springfield Fall. But I am going to Alabama for a few days so who knows what weather is in store for me.

Anonymous said...

Cin~ I just want you to know that I thought you played awesome last night. You have a mean serve:) You should play with 'em every week.
Oh and also I know we've talked before how we both like Red Lobster....well I went there tonight with my sis in-law and Mandy and OH MY GOSH...Mandy and I were about to sit in our booth and a coch roach ran across the bench. Mandy and I both screamed. We were so sick and then the waitress went on to tell us that they've been having that problem. EWWW!!!! So just a friendly heads up everyone....avoid the Red Lobster!

Robbeebob said...

I updated!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cindy, "knock knock" "Who's there?" "Little old lady!"... :)