Saturday, December 23, 2006

just a quick note

This is a quick one, as it is midnight Sat/Sun and I am trying to get to bed...but I wanted to make a comment on Hillenblogs latest poll. I helped with it, and so I feel I can comment freely on it.
I cannot believe that the majority of people voting think it is uberweird to kiss a relative on the lips. Granted I agree it depends on the relative, but I don't think it is weird at all. We are talking pecks here, not involved kisses.
I have always kissed my daddy on the lips, and it has never seemed weird to me. I kiss my mom on the cheek, and we have always done it that way, so both seem perfectly normal to me. I used to kiss hillenjr on the lips, but since he is growing up, he put a stop to that, and that is okay too. But I never kiss Sky on the lips, cause she would freak out. In fact recently it happened purely by accident and she nearly went balistic.
Anyway, i just wanted to clarify for my parents, and those who know me, I am not ashamed to kiss relatives on the lips, and if you do it, you shouldn't be either. And I am not gonna stop either, okay daddy?
Well, I am heading off to slumberland, but I have some pictures to blog soon...and new thoughts to share!
Merry Almost Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Robbeebob said...

Well, I see where you're commig from, but, I still think its kinda unusual

Anonymous said...

Cin,

I'm still in agreement with you. I guess until we had this discussion I thought everyone kissed their family on the lips..apparently not. But it still doesn't seem weird to me at all. In fact, I feel blessed to have such a close family, and not freaking out about an expression of our love makes me even more proud now.

Unknown said...

well, i think it's wierd.