Sunday, May 25, 2008

Feel free to add to the list...


S-smile, sarcastic, sensitive, smart, silly, sweet, sunshine, singer
K-kidder, kind, kettlecorn,
Y-young, yardage, yuletide
L-loyal, loving, little, likeable, lovely, 
E-enthusiastic, eloquent, edifying, entertaining
R-reader, righteous, real, 

It is hard to put you into words. You are everything I ever dreamed my daughter would be, yet so much more. You are secure in who you are, even when you are not. You are a trend setter, and WANT to be different, something I never wanted to be. You have gone from a baby who smiled all the time, could entertain yourself, and who loved music, to a beautiful young woman who still smiles most of the time:), can still be by yourself and not be lonely, who is the best singer I know, and it is not only me who feels that way.
I have always told you that we were not friends yet. That if we were friends, I was not being the parent I should be. That someday, when you were grown up, we would be friends. It is amazing to me that we are just about there. I see in you the friend I want to be, and look forward to being just that--friends. I will always be your mamma, and you know I love it when you call me that. You can always ask for advice, and for yet a little while, I will still be in charge. But now, the picture of us as friends is becoming clearer. I cherish you. I love you. Happy Graduation. Happy Growing Up. Happy looking forward. You are my gift. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your graduation, Skyler.

Beautiful post, Cindy.

Hillengrandma said...

How precious!! The girl-- and what her mamma says about her. Brings tears to my eyes. You both are beautiful people and I thank the Lord for you.

Hillenblog said...

Didn't Yentel Have a short Pixie cut?

ToyHelen said...

Made me cry...how precious!