Thursday, May 08, 2008

Everything old is new again

Ryan B. is over hanging out with Barrett. This is the first time we've seen him since his family moved to San Diego last year. It's nice to sit and listen to them talking. Like they've never been apart, except Ryan's voice is deeper, and he is taller. Same easy banter, griping, and Ryan can still beat him in slugfest 2003.
I changed my post name to cin. This is what almost everyone calls me, even my dad! It's not that I am no longer hillenblogshappywife, i definitely am. No complaints with him, us, any of it. But it is just easier to write cin, or cindy. And unless I remember to sign in, it puts me as cindy anyway. So I just decided to change it.
Getting ready to go to a wedding rehearsal. I hear the auditorium looks amazing. Can't wait to see it. Some kids we have known for like seems forever are getting married. Wow, I am old.
Just a note to say, if you don't read Bybee's Blurbs, get to it. Probably everyone else does but I got caught up today, and that girl is hilarious. Plus I used to want to teach English(believe it or not), so it is fun to see the poems, and the topics her classes write about.
I emailed Becky today. I wonder when it will sink in that they are really in Italy. Despite the pictures, which are great, and the posts and emails, it still feels unreal. I guess this is good in some ways, and learning how it will feel when Min & Perry go to the Philippines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I havent visited your blog lately and I'm behind on commenting on the new Bloom County look. I have all the books.....and have them memorized. I get them out once a year and read through them while eating PB Capn Crunch before bed. Berke Breathed was way ahead of his time.

HS

Jenny Lotz said...

i can't believe i got a plug on your blog; i am honored! (and thanks for your sweet comments...they really mean a lot to me.)

Hillenblog said...

"Cin" ...as you call yourself...
How do we know it's really you?
and how do we know that your happy with your husband...?