Wednesday, July 26, 2006

catching up

Many days have passed since my last blog. Sometimes i wish i had not started...it was much easier to just read the other blogs, and not have the pressure of writing one. But here goes...

I found a penguin calendar yesterday...of course i bought it. It goes from August until december of next year, which is great, but the august thru november calendars are all on one page, which makes for very small writing areas. But still, the penguins make it worth it. if you have not seen the movie "March of the Penguins" i would either borrow it from me, or go to the showing of it at Founders park on August 11. It is a wonderful little movie.

So, i actually wore a swim suit and played volleyball at the jeppsens house. Who knew what fun i had been missing? A very brave bat made many appearances as well, and it was one of the scariest and coolest things i have ever seen. by the way, matt, i thought i knew how to store pictures on my camera, but i actually did not, so no worries about the picture of you in the glasses. I can't tell you how disappointed i am about that.

the lake last weekend was, as we fully anticipated, wonderful fun. The stop at Walmart supercenter in branson west was great, and the tubing was so fun (I watched of course, no tubing for me) and the weather was great. The evening spent with friends and family was a great ending to the day, and Charlotte's corn is the best thing ever. And lisa, morgan and steve made some amazing smoothies, I have been thinking about them ever since.

Only one more sunday in the monkey class for me, and then i rejoin big church. I am at the same time sad and excited. I am visiting the varsity and jv classes for SS for the 1st few weeks, then i will have to decide about a class...but it will be nice to see what my kids are up to. I must say I am very thankful to the teachers in the jv and varsity areas, my kids love church, and you are a big reason why. I am looking forward to getting re-aquainted with the classes. The sad part is of course, leaving the kids in my class. I love the ages i have, they still think you are smart and usually funny. And most of them are excited to see you outside of the classroom, although some seem confused to find out that I don't live in the monkey room, and actually go other places.

the fair starts in 2 days. I am working evenings, and i hear nick burns is my boss. That is fine and dandy, but i am still a little afraid to tell someone they have to move out of the aisle, and cannot stand on the bleachers(if indeed that is true). also, because of vacation time taken by employees of jellybeans, i am working alot of days there, and will get to the fair later than most of the other workers. Mostly I am doing this so i can see my husband during the 10 days of the fair. He will be there from 8 am til midnight every night. I am hoping to not have to be there until midnight, as i am not a good night person, but perhaps hangin' with some who are night owls will rub off on me. Probably not. i will try to be in a good mood!

Skyler goes to camp next week, i will miss her sorely, but she will be having a blast. I cannot believe she is a junior.

well, that about sums it up for now. Oh, by the way, the kitchen is back to the way i changed it yesterday, we will see how it works. That is all I am gonna say about that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the monkey class will miss you. You and Mindy have been a blessing in that class!

Hillenblog said...

Where is the cereal...and where are the bowls?

Tom Demers said...

Ever since we've moved those are the only things I know for sure how to find. And that's only because cereal is a mainstay of my diet.

Everything else, I'm always asking for help - and sometimes stuff isn't where I thought it was. I think that's because my kids now put away the dishes from the dishwasher.

Small price to pay for not having to do that particular chore...

rachel said...

We are big fans of March of the Penguins. Maggie even had a penguin birthday party this year.