Saturday, July 15, 2006

baseball

tonight is the second night in a row I have been to a springfield cardinals game. And i want you all to know, i did not even take a book!! I did take a people magazine both nights ( the same issue, which happens to be my last of 4 free issues, and i have already written CANCEL on my invoice, thank you very much) but I did not even read it at all, i kept it in my purse last night, and only used it as a fan tonight. I actually watched the whole game, 1st to 9th innings, and enjoyed myself very much! Both nights, did you hear me, both nights! I know you are all as excited as I am!

then, after the game tonight, we went to acambaro, where we spent some time getting to know Lindsey, our waitress, better. She is pre med. Very nice, and we also asked her how late is too late to come in. she of course, did not want to answer, but my family will not go in later than 9:30, if they are closing at 10. Just to be nice.Cause i used to be a waitress eons ago, and it always made me mad when people came in 10 minutes before closing time. and tonight, if we took out the time that we spent visiting with lindsey and talking to some people mark used to go to church with, we were probalbly done in 20 minutes. so 9:30 would put us out at 9:50, and that is just fine. AND, we ate for $10.58 before tip. that is w/o skyler, but still, it is the cheapest place for our family to eat in this town!! I love that place!

10th inning is over, all except for the party and the swimming, for another summer. This is barretts last year, he is officially too old for it. Doesn't seem possible. of course, he has park board baseball, and football coming up really soon, so he'll keep busy!

Well, i am sleepy, and church is tomorrow, so see ya.:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken Picatta!!!! I remembered the name of the dish I get at Zio's! I know it has nothing to do with your blog, but I wanted to tell you while I still remembered!

hillenblogshappywife said...

that is a hoot! I always have the same thing, so i will try this the next time i go. Keep in mind it has been over a year since i was there last.:)

hillenblogshappywife said...

i have blogged today, it is just not showing up. go to www.hillenblogswife.blogspot.com to read it