Monday, March 19, 2007

Tomorrow is another day

One of Scarlett's favorite sayings in the movie "Gone with the Wind". She's right, ya gotta give her that. We went to Miss Sybil's house for dinner last Tuesday and watched almost all of the movie and then finished it at home Wednesday night. That Scarlett is not very nice. She stole boyfriends and husbands, and was very, very selfish. I was actually surprised that in 1939 when it was made, they would allow a woman to be portrayed as anything but sugar and spice. She was definitely not that!
As you have probably seen on hillenblog, our house is for sale, and we have spent the last 2 weeks or so fixing it up to sell. The kitchen is fabulous! Thanks to friends and family who helped, we appreciate it so much!
Quick update on the Guatemala Trip. Skyler had donations totaling $220 last week, adding to her total of $425! I had $100 added to mine, I know who some of you are, thank you, thank you, thank you! When we get a list of donators, we will send you a letter letting you know the details of our trip. We had a meeting last night, and there was a line in our itinerary that had Lisa in tears, and was my favorite of the whole thing: PLAY WITH THE ORPHANS. I tell you what, I cannot wait to love on those babies and kids. It will be amazing.
Okay, i will end with this...last night hillen and i were watching what the DVR said was Amazing Race, but due to ball games was really the program 60 minutes. I hate that show, but last night they interviewed Simon Cowell from American Idol. First, I have to say, he is funny. And smart. But the thing I like the most about him is when the interviewer asked him a question, he answered "I could not care less. Seriously, I couldn't care less!" I was so happy to hear him word that phrase correctly!! So many people, and I don't want to hurt any feelings here, but so many people say that phrase as "I could care less." Well, that means you still care some. So if you are trying to let someone know that you don't care, you should say it correctly,"I couldn't care less". I have no more care left in me. I do not care at all. See?
Well, that is it for now, I am so tired and we have a basketball banquet in a little while for Barrett.
even if you couldn't care less...I will blog again soon. After all, tomorrow is another day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess I really should be offended that Mark told me I remind him of Scarlett O'Hara:-(

hillenblogshappywife said...

O Jen, I am sure he meant the beautiful eyes, and the way she made "fiddle-dee-dee" sound cool.:)Surely you know not to take him seriously!

Tom Demers said...

Jen, you should just tell him that you could not care less whether he thinks you remind him of Scarlett O'Hara... :)