Tuesday, January 26, 2010

on the blog again...

Sorry, I know this was supposed to be an at least almost every day thing...and now more than a week has passed! A week of good and bad, and trying to continue to cut my portions smaller and smaller, so that i can lose more than 2 lbs!
I have had a couple of days where I have just basically said, I don't care. I want to eat, and I don't care if I am hungry or not. So I ate. I am trying to stop that, obviously that is not good. But really, sometimes I am so frustrated at myself and at having this battle at all. I am also frustrated by how fast the weight came off so long ago, and now doesn't want to budge. I get frustrated at how gung ho i was years ago,and now that i need to lose weight for more than just vanity, but to be healthier, I seem to be less motivated! What kind of whacked thinking is that?
No real insight on these questions, except I am still running to food too often. Although i have had some sucesses with praying and just saying, "Lord, i am not hungry, but i am gonna get up and get that bag of chips if I keep thinking about it. Please get my mind off the chips, and on you instead. Help me to not go get that bag. Take the desire away for what i don't really need, and fill it with you instead." You know that really works, I just don't use it enough.
I have done better the last 2 days or so, gone to bed without eating after supper, and not overeating during the day. Little sucesses...
Hope everyone is doing well! OH, my bible reading is going great! i am on schedule, and really love reading, some nights i read ahead to see what happens, when I have read these stories so many times before. The hunger for it is different, and I am loving that so much! Tell me, how is your reading going?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My reading schedule is just starting over and this year I'm using a Chronological One Year Bible. I start over every year on my birthday. I've never read the Bible in the order the events actually occurred. I'm looking forward to it!

Becky said...

Cindy
Be encouraged knowing that you are growing. The theme we have been going thru at our house is asking "am I doing my best?" at the nd of the day knowing we have done our best out of worship not duty is the source of joy that God has for us. I love ya! Keep it up!!

I started BSF in Rome 3 weeks ago. It is in English!!! So excited. My chronological study is 3 days off. I think I can catch up though. Like you said gaining new perspective on stories I thought I knew.

I miss you!

BEC