Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

The little boy next door is standing inside his garage. He keeps sticking his arm out to see if it is still raining. And since it is, he scuffs the toe of his shoe against the floor. So cute. He ventures out every once in a while to see how heavy the rain is, and turns to the south, then to the north and shakes his head. He is in 1st grade I think, and is a very nice boy. Loves to play football with his friends and his dad, and sometimes he and his dad play basketball before the school bus comes. We don't talk a whole lot, but he always says hi back when I say it first, so that is something, I guess!

Barrett is at a track meet, and I keep hoping he'll call because he is finished or they have called it for rain...but I don't know if it is thundering there, or raining for that matter.
He just sent me a text, they have sent them inside, so it must be doing something. Sadly, I will be thrilled when track is finished.

Today is Morgan Wilson's birthday, also Holly Tucker. Happy Birthday Girls! It is also Earth Day, which drives me crazy in some ways, but Holly has really helped me see that it is okay to take care of God's creation, without putting it above Him.

It was recently brought to my attention that I missed blogging about every birthday and anniversary in my family in March. This includes my mom's birthday, my parents 49th anniversary, my brother's birthday, and my sister's birthday. I am so sorry. I have a great family and didn't mean to slight anyone.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM, DENNIS AND MINDY!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!
Here's a little something from 49 years ago.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to feel the same way about Earth Day and the like. But, then I realized that it is all about stewardship, not the "worship" of nature that some make it out to be. I'm probably about the least green person you know, but I'm trying. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bday shout out Cindy. I wanted to let you know that you have helped the way I think about the whole "green" thing. Like Jenny, I've always thought of it being about stewardship but you pointed out that God can do what He wants with His planet and we are giving ourselves too much credit thinking only we can save the planet...so thanks!

htuck