Saturday, April 12, 2008
















I started a new bible study this morning..."Stepping up...." by Beth Moore. I won't get to see the DVD until later next week, but I couldn't wait to begin. The study will focus on Psalms 120-134, the Psalms of Ascent. This first day is more of an overview of the book as a whole, the dividing of the Psalms into 5 "books", getting some background on the book itself.
I love Beth Moore studies, and I am always excited to begin a new one. But yesterday, looking for this one at CPO, I realized there are several I have not done, and more that I began and did not finish. So my prayer is that I would fall so in love with the psalms and with THE WORD that I will not be able to stop wanting to be in the Word. I already love the book of Psalms, is there any emotion not found there? I don't think so. So alreadyI am encouraged that there is nothing I go thru that He does not know about. I know this already, but need constant reminding that God knows my every emotion, joy, sorrow, trust, fear, doubt and praise. Nothing is surprising to Him, and each day I awake, He is right there waiting for me to seek Him. Beth encourages us to fall on our face before Him each day, to humble ourselves before Him not only figuratively, but literally as well. There is a freedom that is found in that act of humility that I don't think can be described unless you do it yourself. As she says, if physically you can't lay on the floor and get back up, you can bow your head. It is the humbling of our hearts that He can use to lift us up. How wonderful is it that we are able to come directly before Him, that we do not have to fear Him turning us away. Thank You God, for loving me when I feel so unlovable.
"I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You. I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to do that study....I've heard great things about it. I love Beth as well and I miss my nights with you and Beth:) Love Ya!