Saturday, August 23, 2008

142

that's the lowest weight this week, however, since weight can go up and down by four pounds a day, not such a big deal. i said i would be honest in this endeavor...so i will. this week has been good and bad, some times eating til full, and not eating when i am not hungry is easy. sometimes, not so much. i do find myself being a little more picky about what i am eating, at least most of the time. but i have definitely had my moments of stress eating. and realizing how often that is my first thought during a stressful time--what can i eat?
so here are some of the principles of a thin eater. You only eat when hungry, and my signal is a growl. I can talk myself into "feeling" hungry, but my sure signal is a growl...so that is what i need to wait for. You also stop when you feel full. I seem to give a deep breath when i am full...and sometimes this is only after a few bites. And that usually seems quite unfair to me. Really? Three bites? That's all??? Which brings me to the next thing. Eat slowly, and in small bites.  That way you don't feel cheated after a small amount of food. And start with a small amount of food. cut your regular portion size in half. most of the time you still won't really need even that much food, but if you do eat all of the smaller portion, it is still half of what you would normally put on a plate. at a restaurant, immediately cut food in half and get a to go box. out of sight, out of mouth. Try to think of food as gas for your body. You only need so much to get to the next stop. Fill the tank, and then leave the pump. You don't want to put in more than you need. 
I also am quite aware that I am a mourner of the food i don't get to eat. perhaps we will talk about that another time...this is getting long.
Off to the bridal fair, lot's of cake there. But honestly, since it is something sweet, i won't have a lot of trouble turning some down. However, if we were trying to pick potato chips or something salty, i might be in trouble. that too is a discussion for another day.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Hey Cindy,
Thanks for your honesty! I, too, am trying to drop about 10. AND DON'T ROLL YOUR EYES. People seem to think it's not there to lose, but I'm tall and can hide it much easier! Problem with me is I really have to sacrifice to drop a pound. And I love, love, love, wedding cake. So get extra for me next May. I'm basically doing the South Beach thing, but I blew it over the weekend. Before that I was 3 lbs down. I am not ashamed either - I am currently at 153. THERE, I fessed up. So I will be checking in on you, you can check on me... Keep up the hard work!

Becky said...

Did you get the worksheet I sent? I hope that it helps. Let us hear how it's going?
BEC

hillenblogshappywife said...

i did...haven't figured it out yet, i need mark to help. As far as how its going...see the new post.:)